Ken’s on his back today. HIs lower back froze up in pain as he reached out to pick up his coffee cup. And all it took was a little muscle to go haywire.
Many call it a “Coder’s back” – since it is so common in people that sit in front of a computer for long hours – and nothing like a streak of intense coding to get it started.
And they share similar stories
- Except for the occasional twinge and stiff back, everything is just fine
- Your back suddenly seizes and you are bent over in excruciating pain, and you go “this can’t be happening to me!”
- You have trouble standing or moving without help
- Not moving helps the pain go away but any movement involving the back becomes impossible!
- It lasts for a few days or more, and goes away with resting up.
Ice, heat, physio, Yoga or quitting smoking?
Have you had Coder’s Back?
How do you deal with it?